The 42nd Akshaya Patra Midday Meal Centralized Kitchen facility was inaugurated at Bhuj, Kutch (6th In Gujarat) on 19th January, 2019. The Kitchen has the capacity to serve freshly cooked meals for 50000 students every day. 183 Schools would be covered in the initial phase with an enrolment of about 35,000 students.
Dignitaries present on the occasion were
1) Smt. Dr Nimaben Acharya, MLA Bhuj,
2) Sri Mukesh Zaveri Director Sardar Sarovar Nigam, Ex MLA Bhuj
3) Lataben Solanki, President Bhuj Nagarpalika,
4) Lakshmansinh Soda, President, Kutch Zila Panchayat,
5) Amrutben Rabadia, Sarpanch Sukhpar Village
along with Donor Consortium
Sarva Mangal Charitable Trust & Balkrishna Industries Ltd (BKT) Represented by Sri Manubhai Shah & Family and Sri BK Bansal CFO, BKT.